« Chill & taste » : a fun aperitif
Our partner Grapes&Corks proposes to « liven up » your aperitif at the hamlet. Nick, native english speaker, invites you to share his passion and knowledge of wines.
The tasting, lasting approximately 2 hours, will take place in very interactive and convivial atmosphere :
you will learn, but most importantly, you will be relaxing !
During the tasting Nick will aproach the following topics :
• – the principles of sensorial analysis;
• – the different characteristics of the various wine growing districts;
• – vineyard and wine making techniques employed by the wineries;
• – the basics of pairing wine to food.
Each tasting consists of 6 or 7 winesvins. Our themes :
• – Pinot noir, the prodigal son of Burgundy ; from the North to the South
A complex and mysterious varietal, the pinot noir is at the origin of the greatest Burgundy red wines and
it has largely contributed to the region’s world-wide fame.
• – Burgundy’s white gold : Chablis et its neighbours
Le chardonnay, one of the world’s most versatile grape varieties, knows how to interpret each different
parcel of land with grace and elegance.
• – The grape variety of hedonists : The sauvignon blanc
This varietal expresses itself to the full in the Loire Valley, principally in the vineyards of nearby
Sancerre and Pouilly-sur-Loire
• – white wine tasting : 300 euros VAT inc
• – red wine tasting : 350 euros VAT inc
Up to 15 guests, all included.
« Stroll & taste » : a day to discover burgundy’s wineyards !
Le Hameau de la Fausse Sauge is situated half way between the vineyards of Chablis and Sancerre, which makes it the prefect base for a weekend of relaxation and wine discovery. Our partner Grapes & Corks will accompany you and Nick, native english speaker, will share his passion and knowledge of the region’s wines.
Sancerre region or Chablis region :
- – departure for Sancerre in the minibus with your driver/guide. The morning will be spent discovering the vineyards and villages of the Sancerre region. Here you will visit a winery where the wine maker will explain the role of Sancerre’s unique “terroirs” which, hand-in-hand with generations of savoir-faire, makes the Sauvignon blanc wines produced in the region a benchmark for the rest of the world. You will also be taken on short historical walking tour of the town of Sancerre, a former Huguenot bastion, and which enjoys commanding views over the famous Loire river and surrounding vineyards. A lunch stop in a local country inn where you can savour a selection of delicious regional specialities such as « whitebait » from the river Loire or the famous “Salade de Crottin de Chavignol”, a warm goats cheese salad sometimes made with pastry or served on toast, along with finely chopped bacon and fresh salad. And of course, lunch will be washed down with a glass or two of refreshingly crisp Sancerre wine.
- Pouilly-sur-Loire : less extensive than neighbouring Sancerre, the vineyards of Pouilly-sur-Loire produce a characteristic Sauvignon blanc which is often copied by wine growers the world over. Here you will visit a local winery where you will be able to taste wines produced from the different « terroirs » as well as a rare wine still produced from the Chasselas varietal.
- The day’s sightseeing will end with the discovery of the little known appellation, les Coteaux du Giennois, which undoubtably offers the the best value-for-money wines in the area !
- Return to the Hameau de la Fausse Sauge at around 17h30.
- – departure for Chablis in the minibus with your driver/guide. This morning you will be able to wander at your heart’s content in the wonderful Chablis street market (on sundays), where the number of stands and quality of the products make it one of most reputed in all the region. A wine tasting will complete the visit to the town during during which you will learn about the importance of the different « terroirs » in classifying these world-famous wines. Your guide will also take you for a short drive to a panoramic view point over-looking the prestigious Grand Cru vineyards and the town of Chablis itself. Lunch is a typically Burgundian affair and you will be able to enjoy some of the delicious local specialities which may include snails, beef bourguignon, cooked ham in a cream and Chablis wine sauce, along with local cold meats and cheeses. And of course, the meal will be washed down with a glass or two of the region’s beautiful wines.
- Afternoon, for red wine lovers, a visit to a winery in nearby Irancy is a must, since it is in this picturesque village that you will discover their famous pinot noirs, abounding with aromas of raspberries and dark fruit ! The wine maker will also introduce you to a very ancient grape variety, the Cesar, which is still used in some of the wines.
- And finally, a last stop in the medieval village of Saint Bris, which will enable you to taste some delicious local Sauvignon blancs in a wine grower’s 12C vaulted cellars.
360 euros per day for 4 people, + 50 euros per ad. participant.
Contact by mail : firstname.lastname@example.org or 06.20.80.40.13